Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Post, Finally

Something that really annoys me is the teachers that try to make our class seem really crappy. I realize that we talk. I realize that we throw stuff, and frequently don't do homework, but what do teachers want? It annoys me that they don't realize things-like the fact that kids are stubborn and that they don't like listening, and that they don't find baskets of plastic vegetables very entertaining. *cough* cough* *Welch* It's like they expect us to be these perfect little angels that WANT to know weather or not a metal block will sink when you put it in corn syrup, or how to say eggplant in French. I'm not trying to dis the teachers. I admire the fact that they want to help and teach kids, I just think they should lower their bar a little, and maybe understand that we're not the best class in the school and MOVE ON! Why does Ms. Evers feel the need to explain that she doesn't like having other teachers tell her that our class sucks. Maybe she did feel bad about having us as her homeroom when she overheard Mr. Goldstein yelling at us, but she WASN'T THE ONE GETTING YELLED AT! It was us. Again, I have respect for teachers, but I have even more respect for teachers that really understand kid. Almost every day, we get a lecture. Teachers are people, and as people, I believe that it's their job to tolerate and try to help the PEOPLE in their lives, whether it's their disabled grandmother or the group of twelve year olds in which they have agreed to teach and try to help make into at least mediocre adults. Discipline is fine, but daily nagging and waiting and yelling is a form of discipline that simply DOES NOT WORK. Not, at least, on me.

No comments: